First Century Fellowship Ministry
~ A Biblical Church of God ~
An Ancient Prayer:
From the cowardice that shrinks from new truths,
From the laziness that is content with half-truths,
From the arrogance that thinks it knows all truth,
Oh God of Truth, deliver us.
The First Century Fellowship Ministry proclaims the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (Matt 24:14; Acts 8:12). We must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and give Him glory. (2 Peter 3:18). We preach repentance and spiritual change so we, and those the Father sends us, may be prepared for the return of our Lord, Jesus Christ. (Ezek 33, to restore the people of God).
Our goal is to practice and teach the tenants of the original Apostolic First Century Church. This includes honoring the true seventh day Sabbath and God’s appointed Holy Days. Honoring God’s Sabbaths unites us as a religious organization committed to God.
- We believe the Bible, both Old and New Testament, is the inspired revelation and word of God to all of mankind. It is the true basis for all doctrine and teaching. (Matthew 4:4; 2 Timothy 3:16). We believe the Bible is the foundation for all truth and knowledge. (John 17:17).
- We proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. (Matt 24:14; Acts 8:12). We must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and give Him glory. (2 Peter 3:18).
- We preach repentance and spiritual change so we, and those the Father sends us, may be prepared for the return of our Lord, Jesus Christ. (Ezek 33, to restore the people of God)
Why First Century Fellowship Ministry?
- Today’s Christianity is a long way from Christ’s original church founded on Pentecost in the 1st century. Like the Pharisees in Matthew 15, their traditions are more important to them than the word of God, and as Christ said, “But in vain do they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” (Matt 15:9) (Isa 29:13)
- As did the First Century Church, it is important that we too worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:24). The blending, syncretism, of pagan and other beliefs by false prophets and teachers was foretold by Jesus in Matthew 24:11, 24, and as did Peter in 1 Peter 2:1. We will maintain the purity of God’s word as taught by the apostle’s in the First Century Church.
- We will not chasten or proselytize other churches or its members. However, we feel that today’s “Christian” churches have drifted too far from God’s model and have allowed secular culture to define their church thereby diluting or completely ignoring Biblical truth and doctrine. This is contrary to Biblical truth. The church should define the culture. The culture should not define the church. Too many believers and churches seem to be guided by a truth that seems right in their own eyes (Judges 21:25) instead of relying on God’s written, inspired Word.
- We will maintain a welcoming environment for people who want to grow in God’s truth. “Therefore let us go on and get past the elementary stage in the teaching and doctrine of Christ, advancing steadily toward the completeness and perfection that belong to spiritual maturity. Let us not again be laying the foundation of repentance and abandonment of dead works and of the faith (by which you turned) to God.” (Heb 6:1 AMP)
- Preach and share the truths found in the written, inspired word of God, the Holy Bible, being like the Berean’s who received the word with all readiness of mind and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. (Acts 17:11)
- We will be shepherds of the Church of God, which He bought with His own blood, (Acts 20:28; John 21:15-17; 1 Pet 5:1-2) and we will continue to feed the flock with God’s Word. (John 21:15-17).
- We will encourage one another to live the example set by Jesus Christ and be accountable to God exemplifying and glorifying His word by conduct and deed.
- We believe the Bible in its entirety is the inspired revelation of God to man. Understanding Old Testament law and prophesy and New Testament fulfillment living God’s unchanging law through the grace and completion of Jesus Christ. (Matt 13:52; John 14:15, 21;15:10; Isaiah 28:9-10). The Bible is the true basis of all Church doctrine. (Matt 4:4; 2 Tim 3:16).